Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:35:00 -0800
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Head lightt adjusters

Recently I purchased them from the Dealer to do a friend's 87, both sides (fits 86-91).

Here are the current prices at the Dealer (Bus Depot, Vanagain or GoWesty may have them cheaper, but since the Ventura, CA Dealer is two blocks away, I went for the convenience):

255 941 133 A Adjustment Pc, Hi Beam Bottom $7.28, 1 per beam 255 941 141 B Adjustment Screw, Hi Beam Top $3.98, 2 per beam 255 941 133 Adjustment Pc, Lo Beam Top Inner $7.28, 1 per beam 255 941 141 C Adjustment Screw, Lo Beam Top Outer $4.57, 1 per beam 191 941 297 Adjustment Screw, Lo Beam Bottom Inner $8.52, 1 per beam

To do one side at their (retail) price: $35.61 + tax

With the shop discount, I paid $28.49 per side + tax.

I do wish the mounts were better plastic (or even metal for that matter).

Now somebody write this down so that they don't have to check the SLOW archives ;-)

While my buddy and I were at it, we replaced the Hi Beam Assy's and the Lo Beam Assy's (E-Code H4 style), all from the Dealer. Ordered and had the parts in two days. H4s had to come the Texas depot, none in California. -- Jim Thompson 84 GL 1.9 "Gloria" 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" 73 K Ghia Coupe "Denise" 72 411 Station Wagon "Pug" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com *********************************** On 1/31/07, Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com> wrote: > > I believe that there are 4 different types. 2 types for the > highbeams, 2 types for the lowbeams. These are further differentiated > into static (non-adjustable) posts, and adjustable posts. The plastic > ages (exposure to ozone) and becomes brittle. $79 seems a bit high. > Perhaps they were quoting for ALL the headlights, not just one? > > > On Jan 31, 2007, at 3:27 PM, Chris Snyder wrote: > > > I was trying to replace a head light lamp in my 1987 and the little > > white > > plastic thingie crumbled and now I need (I guess) new adjusters. I > > was quoted > > $79.00 from the neariest VW dealship. This sure seems a lot of > > money. I > > supposedly order all of them. Each side takes a certain number of > > several part numbers > > is what I was told. > > > > does any one have these adjuster on hand that you would like to > > part with for > > a price? > > > > Can a person just replace just the white plastic where the screw > > head is? > > > > Thanks, > > > > Chris S