Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:26:52 -0500
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant pouring from tail pipe - 1987 2.1
Comments: To: "Vanderzanden Michael (BetP/ESE1)"
          <michael.vanderzanden@BOSCHREXROTH-US.COM>

I had one customer call me furious that his brand new rebuilt engine was leaking coolant. I asked him where the coolant was coming from and he told me the exhaust system. It was dripping from where the exhaust doughnut connects the J-pipe to the cast iron Y piece. I asked him if the van had been sitting for any length of time. He said yes. It was just pure water coming out of the exhaust system because of condensation. It sure threw him for a loop. He had the van towed here and had me look at it before he would believe me though. I hope yours is a false alarm too.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com http://www.eurovan.org http://www.vwcabrio.org Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242