Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 29 Jan 2007 12:29:35 -0900
From:         Mark Tuovinen <mst@AK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dumb question-Warming up?
Comments: To: Aaron Pearson <aarondpearson@HOTMAIL.COM>

Aaron,

The best thing for it is to jump in and go but go slowly for the first couple minutes. Driving it for 5 minutes and shutting it off is one of the worst things that you can do as it will not get warm for a long enough period to rid itself of the condensation that accumulates every time you shut it off. If you are forced into this short distance driving you can mitigate some of the ill affects by taking the van for a long drive at least once a week to allow the moisture inside your engines lubrication system to evaporate. You should also look at what temperature range it will be operating in, below `20F it is best to install an engine heater both for the van and the environment.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: Aaron Pearson <aarondpearson@HOTMAIL.COM> Date: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:37 pm Subject: Re: Dumb question-Warming up? To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM