Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:15:49 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Electrical ground locations

A definitive list of grounds is a good idea. Here's what I know of. Somebody should fill in the rest, I'd like to print it out and keep it in each Vanagon.

Braided strap from engine to frame (waterboxer, on the left, diesel, right side, motor mount to frame)

Braided strap from transmission nose to frame.

Dashboard electrics are grounded to two crown-shaped stampings (a circular row of space connectors) above the fuse block under the dash.

The radio has its own ground, I believe.

Isn't there a ground to the frame at the steering shaft?

What are the others?