Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:03:49 -0800
From:         brady horrace <dofunk@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: cruise control problems

If your cruise control shuts off from just hitting bumps in the road...My first thought is that the break pedal or clutch pedal sensors are out of adjustment. There is a sensor on each pedal that turns off the cruise control when its depressed. If there is to much distance between the censor and the pedal then maybe just a bump will cause it to trip. They just might need a small adjustment! Also! there should be a small white rubber pad between the sensor and the tab that it hits on the pedal. I believe that pad is part of the vacuum system and if its not there you will have a vacuum leak in the cruse control system. Brady- ----- Original Message ---- From: David Clarkson <Dvdclarksn@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 10:01:10 PM Subject: cruise control problems Hello list. After searching the archives and Bentley I am unsure of one thing. Am I correct in assuming that my stock 1990 Westy does not have magnets that are employed in the cruise control mechanism? From the explanation and diagrams that are in the Bentley it looks like the vehicle employs the inductive pickup on the speedometer instead. The reason that I ask is that my cruise control is slowly failing. It will set and sometimes resume correctly but will release at the slightest bump. I will of course check the diaphragm and vacuum lines for leaks and also the vacuum pump for grounding issues and proper operation. Maybe someone on the list has had similar symptoms that led to one particular component failure. Any help is greatly appreciated. David Clarkson 1990 Westy (234 K) ____________________________________________________________________________________ Cheap talk? Check out Yahoo! Messenger's low PC-to-Phone call rates. http://voice.yahoo.com