Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Feb 2007 13:52:37 -0800
From:         Jeff Michal <jeffmichal@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: DIFFERENT LED TAIL LIGHT

I have a horizontal LED bar mounted inside my rear hatch at the top. It really improves the visability of the van from behind and since noone has run into me yet (*knockingonwoodoverandover*) I assume it will help reduce rear end collisions. I only wish I could get one set up to work like the F1 tail light works, always on and flashing when you brake. I am not sure if that would be legal in the US. I'd recommend that everyone install a 3rd brake light though, if only to keep your bus a little safer from the general miscreants that drive on our roads. As far as I know the laws regarding additional brake lights, you are allowed to have as many as you want, but if you have them they must work. That is why I like LED because the service life on the diodes is almost forever. Jeff 90 GL ----- Original Message ---- From: Anthony Egeln <regnsuzanne@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 4:27:08 PM Subject: DIFFERENT LED TAIL LIGHT Here's another take on the LED tail light, with options for turn signals and back-up lights. I think this one could be placed a couple of ways on our vans...whether it's legal will likely depend on your state: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=325378 Anthony '89 Syncro GL (Hidalgo) --------------------------------- Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check. Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta. ____________________________________________________________________________________ No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started. http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail