Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Feb 2007 18:33:19 -0600
From:         Jerry <jbvelo@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: speedometer cable installation question
Comments: To: Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>

I have an 88 GL Vanagon with the counter and OX LED. I did have to reset mine at around 170k. Only a matter of depressing a button on the black box(counter) by the spare tire. I believe there was a maintenance message from Volkswagen to the dealers directing dealers to cut the wire/wires from the counter to the OX sensor LED. I think the counter is set up to trip and illluminate the LED light every 30k miles.

OXYGEN SENSOR WARNING LIGHT (IF EQUIPPED) Oxygen sensor (OXS) light comes on at 30,000 mile intervals to indicate oxygen sensor replacement. After installing new sensor, reset mileage counter. See RESETTING MILEAGE COUNTER. On Vanagon models, locate mileage counter under spare tire or under driver's floorboard (in-line with speedometer cable). Using a pointed instrument, depress reset button. Ensure light is out.

Jerry 88 GL BUS-ter