Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:42:16 -0800
From:         Philip Zimmerman <philzimm1@OBERON.ARK.COM>
Subject:      Re: For Canucks Only -what kind of battery?

Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:23:39 EST From: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM> LISTSERV@GERRY.VANAGON.COM writes:

Nathaniel wrote this :-) What are Canadians using for their second battery? It can't be higher than about 8". > Nathaniel's question referred to installing it in rear. (engine > compartment)

Now, Frank wrote this... |8<) go back to the very beginning of this thread where it all started > Gads Frank, I just "smoked" the archives at Gerry, searching for the > first Aux-Bat Thread! > What I found in part, reads like this: In the beginning there was the > Transporter. Then, Ben Pon (forerunner of BenT) scribbled on the back > of "that" silly napkin and sent the drawing to Heinz Nordhoff first > CEO of VAG. Heinz dubbed it "that Box on Wheels". Ever since, we silly > folks we are, have been filling those Boxes-on-Wheels with stuff...... > lots of stuff.

there is ONLY one deep cycle battery that fits............ > No no no no no no no no Frank, there are allot of deep~batts that will > fit. Nathaniel wants one about 8 inches? I can't answer for either Nat > or Frank but for me. I aint messing with anything longer than 5.5 to > 6.25 (the avg Canuck size). And recall Frank, Nathaniel is asking > about at the "rear". I say no more here on this subject........ Nope, > not one more word, zip's the word.

for all of the reasons in the mile long thread that's been going on now for two or three days! > Frankie-boy my friend, this mile-long thread has been going-on for the > better part of twelve friggen years, not the two or three you refer to > in your post. Get with the program Frank!

Geeze, is it only me who reads ALL the messages every day ? I'd better get a new life ! > Jeeeze Frank, you have a wonderful life (I asked Rita) and your newly > refurbished suspension parts are to die-for! See, I too, read way-too > many messages every day. Now get back to work giving Benny-Boy pooh > and fixing your customers Vans! I gotta get back to listening to > "other folks" problems.... and they pay! ------------------------------ End of vanagon Digest - 12 Feb 2007 to 13 Feb 2007 - Special issue (#2007-195) Phil Z. Campbell River, BC ----------------------