Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:39:11 -0800
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: ECU reset, O2 voltage stability
Comments: To: Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>

What I'd like to know is *what* settings the Digifant retains between cycles. Figuring that out would require disassembly of the EPROM, and lots of head scratching. The Bosch information I have doesn't mention any good technical details like that.

I used to own a POS Neon. After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, it would run like crap until the ECU "learned" the correct settings. I wonder if Digifant is like this after a reset, and before learning.

I do know the "map" in the Digifant has 65536 data points. They use a table ookup system, since the 6803 does not have the horsepower to compute these values on the fly. It uses 16 bit values for "load" and RPM. I think the load value is combination of AFM, temp, and O2 data. RPM, is, well, RPM (hall sensor).

If I remember correctly, the Megaquirt actually calculates values instead of using a table look up system. Thus, you have finer control. I would imagine all modern FI systems would not use a table lookup.

Jon