Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:08:00 -0500
From:         Daniel Stevens <dosteven@SYR.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Jalousies Windows for a Vanagon

I haven't finished mounting mine just yet. BUT.. with the middle side window out.. I can "FIT" the jalousie window in the hole fairly securely. (it's been sitting there unattended for most of the summer as I drive the project in and out of the garage) My idea is to cut NEITHER the jalousie or the van body,. but to make 2 filler strips (aluminum) for the top&bottom gaps. and use some TORX security screws to fasten to an interior trim piece i've yet to imagine/create. the interio panel can either be wood or formed fiberglass i've yet to decide. I plan on using automotive/commercial Urethane sealant for the frame to body seal. very strong hold but nonpermament.

I'll document my method when I get back into it, when all this dang upstate NY snow recededs.

Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 21:16:46 -0500 From: Pascal Giasson <pascal.giasson@GNB.CA> Subject: Re:

I have followed the instructions described in this link http://www.everybus.com/dworkin/vgon_jalousie/ to replace my driver side slider with a jalousie out of a 73 westy but something does not jive. The two vertical pieces that are 3/4" wide do not seam to accomodate the 1/4" filler piece that is supposed to be sandwiched between them. The 1/4" filler piece protrudes out most of the way. It looks like the 3/4" pieces should be 1" wide to be able to accomodate the filler piece. HAs anybody who has done this run into the same problem? I don't have my slider out and dont plan on taking it out for a while, but does anyone know the measurments of the slider on the driver side? Is it in fact 42 3/8" X 16 3/4" as these instruction say? BTW the router and tablesaw worked great at cutting the aluminium. Thanks Pascal