Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Feb 2007 17:55:01 -0800
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Reversing aids

And from the 60F and sunny left coast now proceeding into drought...the reply cometh

The reason you can fit more 'braves' than cowboys into a pickup truck is that indians don't wear hats. My parasol/paraplui lives upstairs in the space between the canvas and the bedcushions over the entryway. I seem to recall that many of the older lighthouses had Fresnel design lenses even the one on St.George Isl. The Fresnel design technique avoids the mass of a conventional lens by using smaller incrementally designed and positioned lenses. Those flat magnifiers you can slip into your pocket and bend without breaking are also a type Fresnel lens.

I will take up your kind offer to provide me two leather Recaro Orthopaedic seats as featured by GoWesty and installed in Milt's Adventurewagen Syncro. I prefer grey.

The magazine rack, well it sounds like a fine idea but when parked in traffic I usually get very Sirius which has some 'Dog'gone good music here and there.

I carry a petanque set instead of chess.

My favorite cubanos are Questa-Rey #95's but hard to find other than in private collections. A close second is Montecristo.

Installing one of those wide angle viewers on the back is arguably a good idea and I highly recommend it for that city parking scenario wherein one attempts to put a 16 foot barge into an 18 foot slip.

From underneath my rock in a cyberlandfill near here, I remain,

Pensioner (typing with both fingers, one of my many tricks)

And from iced-in Virginia we heard:

My oh my, how very grammatical! I am Quite Impressed!

I thought a fresnel lens was something in a lighthouse, though.

I do find, actually, that I use my side mirrors fairly well to track what's behind me. Though I rather like the idea of replacing the stock mirror with something to hang a hat on, that sounds amusing. Do you have an umbrella stand in your van too? And perhaps a magazine rack between the front seats so when you're stuck in traffic you can pull out some reading material? Perhaps a chess set attached to the dash, under the radio. It could have all the makings of a fine men's club, just replace the stock seats with nice deep leather ones, too. You do all that, and I'll find you come fine cuban cigars to smoke while you're there!

Joy