Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Feb 2007 21:15:52 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Water Temperature Light
Comments: To: Michael Hart <mjhart853@YAHOO.COM>

Did you check the coolant level in the main pressure tank? The system may be low due to a bad pressure cap allowing coolant to burp out when warm and then not sucking it back it. When cold, lift the engine cover before starting the engine so you can see. Then start the engine and immediately go back to see the level in the main tank. If it is low, then you need to find out why. As the coolant warms up it is expanding so it will cover the sensor probes and turn the light off.

Dennis