Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:23:04 -0800
From:         Philip Zimmerman <philzimm1@OBERON.ARK.COM>
Subject:      Re: Batteries don't die, they get murdered

Fryeday Fun..... LVC..... but who cares....

From: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM> writes: Man, you guys had some excellent fun messing around with battery Voodoo today.

> Phil, thanks for that treatise on battery experience from the > Sunshine Coast > - BTW where the hell is the Sunshine ? Maybe in the movie ? Oh, yea, > the > Movie that's it ! --------------- From: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM> writes: Just a geographical note Frank. Phil lives in Campbell River on Vancouver Island, not Powell River, which is across the Strait on the Sunshine Coast. ------------- Geography/Battery Voodoo lesson begins here:

Don't ya love oxymoron's? I once believed Oxymoron was for treating teenage skin problems or one of them super-duper oxygen-rich peroxide soaps advertised on TV-Infomercials. Shows how much I know.

Seems Battery manufacture marketing departments use tactics learned from the explorer Captain George Vancouver and I gotta include Juan Francisco de la Bodega y Quadra. Quadra was really here first [european] but, Vancouver had the better marketing department. Vancouver was physiologically depressed at the time and named a place close-bye, "Desolation Sound". Spiffying-up his travel-journal for the folks back home in England, he named an equally beautiful spot down the coast a bit, "The Sunshine Coast". Depressed hell, he was Bi-polar.... oh, and oxymoronic too. Rains like hell on both places! Jump in your Vanagons and come see "Beautiful British Columbia"... in the rain! Ensure your batteries are fully charged cuz your lights, wipers, blower-fan, rear-defroster, furnace (if installed) and 12VDC electric-blankets will all be ON the whole time.... End of story.... wait for the Movie ... opening soon.... along with our new favorite "Little Miss Sunshine". Sheeze, marketing-hype, all i want is a good deep~battery!

Phil Z. Dripping wet in Campbell River, BC --------