Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Feb 2007 20:50:27 -0700
From:         David Etter <detter@MAIL.AURACOM.COM>
Subject:      A picture is equal to 1000 Tire posts

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=320631

A Vanco 8, no size given but a good start.

At the risk of starting a new tire thread; (name withheld to protect the innocent) I wonder if forum members would mind taking a picture of their tire choice, like the one shown above. Listing: The Brand, The Model, The Size and The Mileage at time of picture. Someone with the ability to store/display the pictures could compile the lot in one web-page to help listers make a decision. That's what I call a resource. Not every tire shop has the brand and model of tire you think you want, let alone the size; and they certainly won't have equal size brand comparisons 'in stock'. Personally, before I drop 4 -5 hundred bucks, sight unseen, on a set of tires, I would like a little more information. A small photo of a bare tire in a glossy brochure with no size, wheel or relevant vehicle just doesn't cut it. Is the tire going to be quiet or noisy, will it have a good grip in the mud or snow, and does it look like I want it on my van; all these questions can be answered to a degree by a picture. Would you buy a sirloin steak based on a picture of "Bossy" in a field?

D???? E???? (dsl82westy)