Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 18 Feb 2007 16:55:28 -0800
From:         BA <oddstray@ODDSTRAY.COM>
Subject:      Re: your favorite 12 V accessory

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 10:00:55 -0700, you wrote:

>> See here > _Click here: 12/24 Volt LCD Voltage Meter - Camping >> World_ >> (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/skus/index.cfm/Outdoor-and-RV-Accessories/19983/skunum=19983:src=SRQB) >> > >That's exactly the one that is worthless. Anyway, I've had a couple >and the displayed voltage is VERY temperature sensitive. That is, >when cold it reads WAY low--like 10.x. I checked it out--brought >it out from the warm indoors and it read much higher. Checked it >with a regular voltmeter to confirm it was way off when cold. > >Richard >Boulder

S got ours from All-Electronics. www.allelectronics.com

Catalog number PM-21. It needs an external 9V battery, so you need to find a little box to put it in. S also put in a double pole triple throw switch, so we can monitor each of our batteries and also switch it off.

We live in SoCal, so I can't tell you how it behaves in very low temperatures.

B&S '87 Westy 'Esmerelda Blanc' SoCal