Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:21:55 -0800
From:         Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Nice When Things Work As Advertised NVC

I know it's not Friday but it is a holiday.... My daily driver is a '90 T-Bird LX, 3.8L automatic, great driving car, had it for about 15 years and is the same year as my Westy (VC). It has the electronic dash, great displays, and includes one of the fancy trip computers that display gas consumption as you are driving or overall gas mileage. Even though I've had the car as long as I have I can't recall actually checking to see if the gas mileage/consumption computer was accurate. May have checked when I first go the car but don't rember doing that. Well, on the last tank of gas I did, compared the on board computer to actual calculations and I'll be damned, the thing is right on, displayed 19.8 MPG vs calculated 19.86 MPG. Damn it's nice to have something like that work as advertised. BTW, I would LOVE to be able to transplant that whole dash into my Vanagon. It is, overall, the best 'driver oriented' dash design I've ever owned. All displays (speedo, tach, oil pressure, temp, and electrical system) are well laid out, easy to read, and actually visible through the steering wheel. Hum, maybe a project if the T-Bird give up the ghost. Nah, part it out, that dash goes for about $500 at the wrecking yards....