Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Feb 2007 08:03:31 -0800
From:         "Dan W." <gutlesswonder@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: 88 Wolfy -- what's a good salvage value?

Everyone wants a bargain, but don't be swayed by people who tell you your vanagon is worthless. While your van in need of repair may not be worth much, people telling you it's worth 50-200 dollars are looking to take advantage. I offered a van(87 GL) to a local guy who was looking for a parts van for $700. He responded with a similar rant to this one about how vanagons needing work are worthless,etc. and then some. I personally know what vanagons are worth, running or not,(mine ran and drove btw) and wasn't swayed by this supposed "enthusiast" who was just out to make money, but was faulting me for not wanting to give the van away. Anyway, I later posted the van on CL for $750 and sold within 2 hours. If you end up parting the Wolfsburg, I want to buy the left rear bumper end, and side skirts also, if good. good luck.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Sisler" <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 7:21 AM Subject: Re: 88 Wolfy -- what's a good salvage value?