Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:49:21 -0600
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Messy mammals was messy dogs
Comments: To: chris <vanagon@FRONTLEFTSPEAKERPOSSE.COM>

The inside of our westy and van would be practically unusable by humans if our dog Thompson got in after "breading himself" (we call it) in the dirt after a dip in the stream. Likewise human children after trips the the beach--sand is even more insidious than mud.

Our answer is a tarp that lives under the back seat. It goes from behind the front seats where it tucks in under them (more or less, depending on which car and which seat configuration we have at the time) and over the back seat. We put stuff in the back to keep the dog from jumping the seat back, and put our packs or whatever in the passageway to keep him from coming up front.

Holds up to claws and shoes. If you need to cut a hole for a seat belt, go ahead. Stows cleanly while wet and dirty. Cheap and easy. Can't be beat.

Jim