Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:32:03 -0800
From:         jon <jon@KENNEKE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bars leak, I was reading
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

As always, standard disclaimer: I am about to recommend the WRONG WAY to fix your problem. Always fix the problem, don't apply a band-aid. However....

Have you tried the standard powder (Bars Leak Gold, or something similar)? That is a good (TEMPORARY!) fix. No need to drain coolant, etc. It will get you another zero to several thousand miles.

The Sodium Silicate stuff does require draining coolant. If not, you will kill your engine, no questions asked. I've not tried it, but it has a good chance of working for zero to several thousand miles. (ZTSTM) YMMV.

Jon (where did that confounded satellite radio thread go?. BTW, you can get a free(ish) sat radio from Sirius again. You just pay shipping, and of course, access fee. I'm not stupid, so I don't have financial interest in Sat. Radio. I actually derive most of my income from traditional radio, which is (well, now was) scared of sat. radio.)