Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:28:24 -0500
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      260 hours later...

With the help of my girfriend Sylvia i was able to 85% complete my Tornado Red Vanagon project, otherwise, i was ready to kill myself or burn the van:-)))), i'm now in almost 7 weeks of work (including the work done under the van before the holidays).

Conclusion: -A lot of cursing -A lot of beer -A lot of late night work -Bad dreams -lot of money involve -At some point i was ready to burn the van -My hands are dirty... for ever and tinted RED -I have no life :-) -My family hate me (no time for them) -I already slep in a the van a few time :-))) -Why the heck did i change color ??? -I suffer from sleep depravation and nervous breakdown -I need a shrink -For me, it as NO price tag -I I'm not ready to do a job like that for a long wile, not even for 20K -I hate my life but i love my van -Vanagon, what is that? -I have still learned a lot of stuff. -It still as no engine inside even if the engine is ready, the problem i have is that i have a Subaru on the bench...dilema! -Vanagon have a lot of coolant line running everywhere. -The sky is blue, i think! It's Black, Tornado Red, beige and Casablanca white -Westfalia cabinet/interior are of an outsanding quality -What is my name? -It's not finish yet...pfffff -I love the Propex heating system, but i hate to install this one.

Anyway, i divided the Van section in 3 pages because... well, i have too many pictures, over 300. I did my best to put some English on some crucial pictures, i think the rest speak for themselve.

This van is no more for sale! GoWesty vans at 40k, pfffffff... hey hey hey.

Mechanic: http://www.benplace.com/84westy_2_mecanique.htm

Body: http://www.benplace.com/84westy_2_carosserie.htm

Interior: http://www.benplace.com/84westy_2_interieur.htm

Main page: http://www.benplace.com/85westy2.htm