Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:51:13 -0500
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Injectors not firing ?

I think you can feel them opening up better than hearing them.

I got a tire valve stem and carved the rubber till it fit into the rubber hose of the injector. I then filled the injector hose with FI cleaner. Inserted the valve stem and clamped it.My bomb was now ready.

I used an old FI electrical connector for the fuel injector to insure a good spark free electrical connecton(This is a lie-I had gas all over me). I hooked up the 12V and then pumped the bicycle pump. You could see the spray pattern get better and better in one stroke of the pump. 1 infusion of cleaner was all it took, but 3 gave it insurance.

Besides cleaning the injector,I can say that pure concentrated fuel injector cleaner needs more than an erant spark to ignite it.The place was a mess with spilled cleaner.Be careful.I had a running garden hose right next to me when I did this.