Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:05:52 -0800
From:         Pat Little <redtail@CABLESPEED.COM>
Subject:      Bostig Zetec conversion in Seattle area?

Hi all,

My '90 engine has decided to leak water into the cylinders and my mechanic says it probably isn't worth it to do the repairs since that would be about 2/3 the cost of a new VW engine. So, I am thinking about alternatives.

I drove a diesel conversion done by a local company near Seattle but wasn't particularly impressed with it - pretty noisy and rough, not fun to drive. At $10,000 this would be twice the cost of the new VW.

The other alternative I'm thinking about is the Bostig Zetec conversion. I looked over their web site and forum, and I talked to Jim at Bostig, and it sounds like a nice product. Cost about the same as the diesel, it seems. Before making my decision I'd really love to see one of these conversions and talk to the owner.

Are there any Bostig conversions in the Seattle, or western Washington, or Portland OR areas?.

Pat Little Seattle