Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:17:05 -0500
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      1987 Syncro Parts Van For Sale
Comments: To: Syncro <Syncro@yahoogroups.com>

Hi all,

I'm selling my 1987 passenger syncro parts van. It is located in London Ontario, but it is a US vehicle so it should not be a problem getting it back into the states (I still have the Michigan registration).

The engine and transmission are out of it. The engine started in the van but with a severe knock. I can't name the exact mileage, but it is about 190k. Tranny is a non locker and seems like it is in decnet shape (some wear on the main rod). VDO oil pressure gage on the motor showed normal pressure when PO was driving it.

The exhaust system is relatively fresh. I think the rear pipe, the cast "Y", the connector pipe between the Y and the Cat, and the muffler have all been replaced in the last year.

There is seam rust in the usual places and a bad spot in the front valence above the headlight. The driver's side rear wheel arch took a hit from some road debris and is bent. The roof above the driver's door has a dent from something falling on it before I got the van.

The interior is average, seats are gone but I know where they went anc could et them ack if you really want them.

There is one of the heaviest duty trailer hitches that you will find on a Vanagon. It is reinforced to the bumper horns and will likely pull out the frame before failing. The PO says he pulled a 5000 lb trailer with it and it worked beautifully.

Asking $2000 US OBO. Trying here first then going to eBay. Phtos available.

Chris