Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:26:08 -0500
From:         David Clarkson <dvdclarksn@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: problem with front radiator hoses coming loose from plastic
              pipes
Comments: To: donalds1@VERIZON.NET

Thanks to all that responded concerning my situation. I must have looked at the 83.5-85 cooling system diagram in the Bentley. The other front pipe did not have the steel insert. Other suggestions were to fabricate another insert if mine was unusable or missing, use the self tightening clamps and installation tool and the Gowesty kit that is not subject to corrosion. Thanks to all. David 90 Westy (236k)

-----Original Message----- From: donalds1@VERIZON.NET To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 10:15 AM Subject: Re: problem with front radiator hoses coming loose from plastic pipes

In my last adventure with my shop van I found the steel insert sliding out from the plastic pipe. I took out a good thick piece of flat steel and my mufler gun with the hammer attachment and reinstalled the insert. The next step is to drill and install a large pop rivit to hold the insert in place

worked for me Bob Donalds Boston engine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Walters" <sam.cooks@VERIZON.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 10:02 AM Subject: Re: problem with front radiator hoses coming loose from plastic pipes