Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Mar 2007 10:03:39 -0800
From:         Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      NVC  Fryeday  Riots

Like Unca Joel, the more things change the more they stay the same.

Here are the modified words to The Kingston Trio’s view of the world situation – then. Not much has changed since this “minuet” was introduced except perhaps a few locations. For all the strides we've made in science and technology, how sad the nations of the world are still at war with one another.

The Merry Little Minuet

They're rioting in Columbia. They're starving in Sudan. There's hurricanes in Lousianne, And California needs rain. The whole world is festering With unhappy souls, The Iranians hate the Americans, The Iraqis hate the Americans. Venezualians hate Americans, Sunni hate the Shia, And N. Korea don't like anybody very much!

But we can be tranquil And thankful and proud For man's been endowed With a mushroom shaped cloud.

And we know for certain that some lovely day, Kim Jong Ill (sic) will set the spark off And we will all be blown away!

They're rioting in Africa. There's strife in Iran. What nature doesn't do to us (whatever) Will be done by our fellow man!

Perhaps in fifty more years, with a little luck, our grandchildren will have straightened things out and live in harmony, both with each other and this beautiful planet called “Earth.”

Apologies to Nick and Dave and Bob and The Hungry I

***