Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:14:58 -0800
From:         mad madeline <mac10wv@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Anybody burning WVO in Illinois?-Fryeday rant

This I believe is not about government gone amuck. It is about our gene pool and our work force and our society gone amuck. It is about uptight people exercising personal power and control inappropriately, and it is a symptom I am seeing everywhere from cashiers at the pet store to corporate CEO's in public and private industries. We live in a society right now that has so many rules and regulations and is soo restrictive and micro managed that this type of behavior is occuring all over. People in thier jobs for one thing don't think much, they are not allowed to and are not trained to anymore. Just enforce the rules and stay numb and dumb. So you get people who want to jump out of the box and be noticed because they can't stand being confined and discounted on a daily basis. But the only thing they can jump out on is some subject where there haven't been rules written for. Like in this case of the veggie oil. The rules were not well defined so the agent thought... wow I can make a difference here.... and off he went. Without thinking, without considering how it feels to be the person on the other side of the counter, or considering where this all might take him before he started. It blends nicely with the question of why else would the american society sit and tolerate our president's choices..... Madeline And now its Saturday morning!!

--------------------------------- It's here! Your new message! Get new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.