Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:36:39 +0000
From:         Dave Vickery <davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bull Bars
Comments: To: gary2a@TELUS.NET

My aircooled bumpers came freight from Florida. Costs are kept somewhat low by them having a deal with a freight company, and also by delivery to a terminal for pickup. They weighed 250 lbs and were in HUGE HUGE boxes. I had to take them out of the boxes to get them in the back of my SUV. I think 1500 miles of shipping was 170. People who want this stuff will pay that and smaller tubes or just brush guards even 2 piece tubes that slide into or bolt onto each other would all be way cheaper than the aircooled or van-cafe ones.

Someone really should make a better mousetrap here, especially for the front, with mounts for accessories, like winch, receiver, extra jug, lights, whatever. Or contract with a manufacturer to alter a design to fit a vanagon that they can drop ship to the customer.

Dave in Denver

_________________________________________________________________ Don’t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft® Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0540002499mrt/direct/01/