Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2007 22:38:20 +0000
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Clutch Throw-out bearing
Comments: To: neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

The clutch working (slave) cylinder has a spring in it pushes it out all the time. It is normal for the bearing to touch the pressure plate all the time. Only if the spring is weak or the check valve/port in the master cylinder sticking or whatever will you be able to get the bearing to stay away from the PP. If you really think this is a problem, remove the spring from the slave cylinder. No sense adding a return spring to overcome the take up spring that is there.

Dennis

----- Original Message ----- From: neil Date: Thursday, March 8, 2007 2:15 pm Subject: Re: Clutch Throw-out bearing To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM