Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:15:34 -0500
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Caster--was Tire Choice Question
Comments: To: trooz@roadrunner.com

If the caster is off, that is one more indication the radius rod bushings are shot. Don't be surprised at the wear or damage at the sub frame when they are removed. Actually, I should call them mounts, not bushings. There is a front/rear piece and a sleeve. The front nut is a locking nut and probably should be replaced. In rust land, a torch may be needed to get the rear nut loose. Make sure it can turn for adjustment. The rod may have some thread damage. They are not too expensive but labor can be. Especially if you have the cast iron lower control arms as everything will have to come a part.

Dennis