Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Mar 2007 15:28:24 -0700
From:         Rich Bennington <rich.bennington@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: going to Everybus? Concerned about global warming?

>Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:47:07 -0700 From: Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM> Subject: Re: going to Everybus? Concerned about global warming?

I have a 1952 Life Magazine with an article about how doctors were claiming cigarettes were the cause of cancer.

As far as global warming goes this science is exactly why I am subscribed to the Vanagon list.

This is where all Vanagon owners come to hear about the political football known as Global Warming.

It's a political activist movement, a huge industry, and those of us who dissent are heretics.

That about sums it up. (what I gleaned from the BBC video)

I rest my face.

Robert

1982 Westfalia >

Robert, I looked up info on four of the "experts" in that video -- one was a journalist - no scientific background, one was discredited by Scientific American, one was described by experts in the field as having "no climate science qualifications", another was taken to task for misrepresenting the IPCC and Kyoto protocol, and at least one receives funding from oil companies. I gave up looking after that. You can't always depend upon a well produced "sounds compelling" documentary. Besides, it doesn't matter whether humans caused climate change or not -- what are we going to do about it?

At least here on the list we can find generally reliable information -- on how to fix and improve our vanagons. Info here and on the Samba helped me get to a 22 MPG average in my Westy! Perhaps we should continue to focus on things like that!

Rich