Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:40:49 -0800
From:         Nathaniel Poole <myth.wright@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: good advice from Mark Twain

As another soon to be Olde Phahrtte who just had a birthday I couldn't agree more. And to celebrate I'm getting my first tattoo next week, a whopping great bugger that'll take 4 hours, she says.

The real walls in our lives aren't the ones of distance, or our bank accounts but the ones in our own minds.

Nathaniel

On 3/8/07, Rob <becida@comcast.net> wrote: > As someone who just had another birthday , I'm tending to agree with > your post and think the Mark Twain quote is just great! > I'm not sure where you are unca joel but it's only 5300 miles from > Key West to Fairbanks. > > Rob > becida@comcast.net > > At 3/8/2007 05:51 PM,joel walker wrote: > >----- Original Message ----- > >>Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things > >>that you > >>didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. > >>Sail away > >>from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. > >>Dream. > >>Discover. Mark Twain > > > >it's not exactly Frydaye material cause it can be easily related to > >trips in Vanagons > >(among other life choices) ... > > > >and as one Olde Phahrtte who is on the downward slide of his lengthy > >trek on this planet and already is having regrets about things i > >didn't do and places i didn't go and buses i didn't buy (or buses i > >sold), and because the weather is beginning to turn warmer and will > >continue to do so for several months to come, i urge you > >Jung-Whippersnappers to do as Mark Twain suggests: > >GO! SEE! DO! and do it in your bus. get it fixed. NOW! and go. > > > >i've been planning a trip to Alaska, just for the journey, for like > >ten years now. > >haven't even made it into Tennessee. :( always came up with reasons > >not to go. > >now it's Key West and Margaritaville cheeseburgers and Papa > >Hemingway's house. > >probably won't make that one either. > > > >it's good to have a plan, but better to go. > > > >just my opinion, based on the flood tide, phase of the moon, and > >length of the back hairs on shaggy dogs. :) > > > >unca joel >