Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:22:12 -0500
From:         Lynn Robson <lrobson@ECHOES.NET>
Subject:      Re: That Ebay Scam-Van
Comments: To: Courtney Hook <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA>

Subject: RE: SP91011 - Your recent report to eBay's Trust and Safety Department (KMM60111163V5686L0KM) Received: Mar-08-07 From: eBay Customer Support Expires: May-07-07 Hello,

You may have received a message attempting to solicit a transaction outside of eBay or a message sent in an attempt to obtain your account password or other sensitive information.

We recommend that you ignore all offers received through email that ask you to complete a transaction outside of eBay. Please make sure that you are the confirmed winning bidder on a listing before sending money to anyone and make certain that you are dealing with the actual seller and not someone else. eBay only recognizes the seller and the winning bidder that appear on the listing page at the end of the listing.

Do not use instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram when paying someone you don't know and decline sending payment in cases where these are the only methods of payment offered by the seller. Generally, if payment is sent using an instant cash wire transfer service and the item is not delivered as promised, no recourse is available for recovering funds. More information on the benefits and risks of individual payment methods can be found at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment.html

More information on Spoof and Phishing emails:

Messages known as "spoof" or "phishing" emails are sent by third parties in an attempt to obtain your account password or other sensitive information such as credit card numbers. If you receive an email about your account that appears to be from eBay, check My Messages in My eBay. If the same email is not in My Messages, it s fake. Do not respond to the sender.

To learn more, take the Spoof Tutorial at:

http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

Additionally, you can help protect yourself from fake eBay and PayPal Web sites by downloading the eBay Toolbar with Account Guard. The eBay Toolbar with Account Guard is free and offers the following benefits:

1. An indicator that shows when you are on an eBay or PayPal Web site or a known spoof (or "phishing") site.

2. Buttons to report fake eBay Web sites to us.

3. A password notification feature that warns you when you may be entering your eBay password on an unverified site.

To learn more about the eBay Toolbar with Account Guard go to www.ebay.com, and click on the "eBay Toolbar" link at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

eBay SafeHarbor Investigations Team

Original Message Follows: ------------------------ ----- Original Message ----- From: Lynn Robson To: Ebay Customer Support Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:49 PM Subject: Suspicious listing ...Item # 180092668576...on My Ebay page Hi: I wrote to you 2 days ago & have not received a response , but that may be because I used the 'Report this item' link from that particular listing page., so , if it's a fake , I'd like to know. What I wrote to you & never received a response to, or even an acknowledgement to...was: Hi: When I click on seller's ID name to check reputation, the wrong page comes up......viz. ASK SELLER QUESTION. The same thing happens when I try to view feedbacks received....is this a fake / spoof site? SELLER: rchr601 Item number: 180092668576 Thank you, Lynn [so, Now I'm creating my own mail without using any links.] WHEN I CLICK ON SELLER ...OR...READ FEEDBACK COMMENTS under Meet the Seller heading................'ASK SELLER QUESTION' page comes up.....which is not normal. None of my other items on my watck list respond this way. They all work the way they're suppose to. It's just this one that doesn't & seems suspicious to me. 180092668576 Hoping to get a response from you this time.... Lynn.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Courtney Hook" <courtneyhook@SHAW.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:27 PM Subject: Re: That Ebay Scam-Van