Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:33:14 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Seeking Seats Wish List Again!!
Comments: To: Janet Sanford <sanfordchef@COX.NET>

All of the metal frame Vanagon seats have the inner mounting holes needed to add headrests. All you need is a headrest and both black plastic insert guides. You can pry the long guides up and out of any Vanagon seat that has them. It takes some force. They are pointed on the end that goes in first. The headrest is kept from sliding all the way out of the guides by a metal spring clip at the top of each guide. A small screwdriver can be used to remove the clips. Some models have a lever on the clip so the headrest can quickly come out while the clip stays. This was done on rear fold down bench seats that came with headrests, Carats and Wolfsburgs.

To install, feel the top of the seat backrest. There should be 2 holes detectable under the fabric at each seating position. Take a razor blade and cut a small X across the fabric right over the hole. Then push the pointed end of the black plastic guide into the hole and force it down making sure by feel that the tip hits the second lower hole you can't see. You will likely need to hit it with something to get it the last little ways and then it will snap into place. Do the other guide, then slide in the headrest, install clips.

Mark Oceanside