Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:27:30 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: correct tire pressure for 195 14 8ply
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@GMAIL.COM>

I'm assuming a GL, rather than a Westy. The vehicle has a 49/51% weight distribution - why put more air in the back? That was normal practice with air cooled vans, but not needed with the newer Vanagons.

While both vehicles have the same GVW, 7 passenger vans almost never carry the weights that Westies do. I run 40psi all around on my 7 pass, and 50 all around on the Westy. Quite happy with that.

BTW, I'm using Michelin Agilis.

Karl Wolz