Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:20:15 -0800
From:         Blake Heinlein <blakeheinlein@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: CV Joint Vibration
Comments: To: Doug <vanagons@cox.net>

Doug, I defiantely didn't have a 2" difference from my old to my new shaft length, so that eliminates having the wrong length shaft. Thanks for the input. -Blake

On 3/19/07, Doug <vanagons@cox.net> wrote: > > Blake, > I've got a pair sitting in front of me now, the difference is about 2 > inches. > Don't remember which side is longer though. > Good hunting, > Doug > > > Blake Heinlein wrote: > > Doug, I did compare the two shafts when I got it but I didn't measure > > them > > exactly. Possibly did get the wrong one. I'll check part numbers > tongiht. > > Thanks, Blake > > > > On 3/19/07, Doug <vanagons@cox.net> wrote: > >> > >> Blake, > >> Did the part you receive have the part number 251 501 203, followed by > a > >> letter (AX, AV, or E)? > >> The half shafts on the auto tranny are two different lengths. Maybe you > >> got the wrong one? > >> The right side is 251 501 204 B. > >> Doug in CT > >> > >> Blake Heinlein wrote: > >> > Hi everyone, > >> > > >> > I installed a new half-shaft (2 CV joints, 2 boots, and shaft) on the > >> > driver > >> > side of my differential on my 84' automatic. At speeds over about 45 > >> > mph I > >> > am experiencing a hum (or vibration) that is louder than normal. It > is > >> > more > >> > pronounced when sustaining speed. During acceleration and > deceleration > >> > it's > >> > less noticeable. Does anyone know if this is normal when breaking in > a > >> > new > >> > half-shaft? Will it go away? Do I need to return it an complain? Is > >> > this a > >> > installation issue? I've only put 200 miles on the new part. Advice > >> > appreciated. > >> > > >> > Thanks, > >> > > >> > -- > >> > Blake Heinlein > >> > http://blakeheinlein.googlepages.com/ > >> > > >> > > > > > > >

-- Blake Heinlein http://blakeheinlein.googlepages.com/