Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:53:52 -0700
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Propane in tunnels in NYC

I made it through the Holland Tunnel once with a Westy.

The next two times I was turned away, after waiting in line 30 minutes....even when I said the propane tank was completely empty. They were like "talk to the hand, you can't go through"

They must have trained the toll people to look for Flute Vents or something.

-----

PITA going to the GW bridge (or through Staten Island if going to Brooklyn/Lower Manhattan)

The ironic thing is that one could drive a Tauras with a trunk full of propane Barbecue tanks and they would let you drive through...