Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:54:45 -0700
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Re: contemplating engine upgrade

Troy, if you enjoy the van (and westy lifestyle), go for it. Say to yourself "I have a practical vehicle that costs tens of thousands of dollars less than a new campervan".

It sounds like you know the van well, ANY other van you buy will have tons of little things to fix....unless you spend $81k for a GoWesty Syncro Westy :)

Even if your van rusts away you could always transplant the powerplant into another body down the road.

Hopefully you'll have the van another 7 years, so you are paying $1000/year for great engine upgrade.

-Paul