Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:27:34 -0700
From:         Nathan Mc Blain <nmcblain@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Cooling System Pressure Testing - make your own tool CHEAP!

Tabe, Thanks That is a good idea! I don't have an extra cap but when I order a new expansion tank it will probably come with one. I have a Topeak bike pump, but am not sure I want to dismantle it for this?...(looking at it now) Just checked and the inside diameter of the pump hose is very small 3/32". Hum... It has an inline guage (not incremented type with dial), . Could definalty work... but it's not that accuarte. Will definalty keep it in mind, this cheaper way to go.

Nate

Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 12:41:23 -0400 From: Tabe Johnson <greentabe-vanagon@YAHOO.COM> Subject: If you're a cheap bas... uh, I mean value driven like me, you can gut a used cap to remove the valving and attach an air compressor or hand tire pump to the pressure tank. Apply your chosen pressure (I'm thinking 50PSI is NOT a good choice!) and look for leaks. Beats the heck out of the $50 pressure testers for sale.

tabe johnson/87 westy