Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Mar 2007 09:18:29 -0400
From:         Mike <mbucchino@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Mechanics / Clubs in the Vegas/Phoenix area
Comments: To: Matt Drew <t3vanagon@GMAIL.COM>

One shop that I can wholeheartedly recommend to stay away from is C.A.R.S. in Bullhead City , AZ. It's not far from LV. The owner, Werner Bauer is a real jerk, and screws both his customers and suppliers. Hopefully he's out of business by now. When I tried to garnish his bank account for money he owed me (that I'd won a small claims court case), his bank said that I was one of about 8 people that had attempted and failed to get a penny. Even the Mohave County Sheriff's office stated in a letter that they'd help me obtain personal property to settle the debt, and then later sent me a letter of refusal for no stated reason. So, I'm out an overhauled 2.0l square-port Vanagon engine complete, and shop labor, my labor and also the delivery costs, plus reasonable interest on the overdue amount owed. Not to mention the unusable core engine that he gave me, but only after I had to drive up from Phoenix to retrieve it. Lesson learned, you can't even trust a long-time businessman to honor their debts and their word.

Mike B.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Drew" <t3vanagon@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:09 AM Subject: Vanagon Mechanics / Clubs in the Vegas/Phoenix area