Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Mar 2007 01:25:00 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Busesinzamora] Impending Road Trip West
Comments: To: Busesinzamora@yahoogroups.ca, vanagon@egroups.com,
          limbolist@egroups.com, The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com, SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com
Comments: cc: lryan6@cogeco.ca, madstan@sympatico.ca, h.brouwer@sympatico.ca,
          Hans.Brouwer@cra-arc.gc.ca, cathy.greg@sympatico.ca,
          madbernie@sympatico.ca, catherine.ashley@ccra-adrc.gc.ca,
          doug.alcock@hewitt.com, SAVOIEL@tc.gc.ca, Micheline.Daigle@statcan.ca

Folks, we are now in Santa Cruz and the end of our journey. And, all's well ! The CARAT has travelled successfully across the continent. Our visit with Phil & Cathrine in Havesu was great and we enjoyed seeing their new home there. We left them early Saturday morning, Rita's birthday, and expected to take two days to drive up to Santa Cruz. We drove along enjoying the scenery and next thing we knew we were there. Left Havesu at 9 ish and got in at April's around 8:30. Immediately we all went out for diner & beers to soothe our sore butts ! Today, we got to see April take her first surfing lesson so it was good we got here when we did ! Lot's of Vanagons and VW buses at the beach ! We then went to Sal's home to meet his folks, have a great Mexican meal and talk about the wedding. They are great and we are gonna have a good time in Zamora ! Sal's father wants to join us on our travels after the wedding ! So ....... we're gonna hang around Santa Cruz until the 15th when we fly outta here early that morning. We hope to meet up with Al and Ben-T and any other Vangonaunts who we happen upon. Tomorrow I'm starting work on getting the CARAT ready for the Smog test on Tuesday then we have an appointment with the DMV on Thursday thanks to Phil & Catharine. Wish us luck ! After we get the CARAT registered we will take a run up to SF for a day or two, probably next week when April's off work and on her vacation.

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada '87 Westy, '90 Carat, '87 Wolfsburg (Forsale) & Lionel Trains (_Collection for sale_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/trainsal.htm) ) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) - Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _Vanagon Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 07 ~ 10, 2007