Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Mar 2007 03:16:32 EDT
From:         Jeff Oxroad <Oxroad@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: wolesburg van on eBay is a Whitestar
Comments: To: JordanVw@aol.com

How rare are those whitestar leather steering wheels? They're exceptionally nice in my mind. Although I'm stuck on my LARGE manuel steering wheel in my bus because I can see the gauges.

I saw one once like the Whitestar wheel in an updated version from South Africa. That is to say the new style SA Microbus wheel that some vendors sold for time with the down-turned "boomerang" style horn pillar. But I say it was like the the Whitestar wheel because it wasn't that heavily padded leather SA wheel as you can find here stateside. It was a solid wrapped leather wheel but unpadded for the most part--like the wheel in whitstar or like you see in the Jetta circa 1990 or so-not so cushy. You could get a nice firm racing grip on the leather wheel. Of course I could never find the part number for the "other" SA wheel. I wish someone could. I don't get to SA all that often. (Where's James Cohen when you need him?)

The gray dashboard cover in the Whitestar is a little too bright for my money.

Best, Jeff 83.5 Westy LA,CA