Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:19:05 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Friday ride
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>

i'm trying to be there, it's in my plan! but, my work load is... heavy, still.

This van as so many new part that i need a test period, and time is not on my side. EX: today, after my second ride (yes, i did a second one, with NO camping gear) i stop for fuel, i still had about 1/4 left in the tank, before i stop the engine, (OF COURSE) i hear a noise on the floor, already i know that the pump is screaming for it's life... funny, on that van, i didn't change a few parts, including the fuel pump, the tank and tranny... and of course, those 3 gave me some... sign of aging today, so tomorrow i'm putting a NEW tank and a NEW PUMP, the hell with those, i will win Mr.Vanagon!!!!! the tranny is not so bad, it's a bit stiff in second gear when cold, but still ok.

Now, the real scary deal, that 2.1L is scary, to much scary, i can pass car easily at 75mph, so i think i have played a bit too much with the "deck hight/compression ratio". And that is not safe, well, i'm still not sure if i have built a safe beast or not. So that said, i need more testing before i leave for a 2000 miles weekend trip to Greensboro.

Most 2.1L want to die at 4500rpm, this one scream for more, i'm confuse! Still, i can hear those pushrods screaming for help.... he he he.

Confusion (by that i mean some engine part are screaming for help, some others, screaming for more rev).

Ben