Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:41:13 -0400
From:         Jason Willenbrock <pooncerelli@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Weight is not great..
Comments: To: dhanson@GORGE.NET

i prolly tote atleast 300 extra pounds when I travel. Not only do i have a second batt, full water tank, full fridge(beer). But I always travel with my two big dogs,their food, cooking equip, camping gear, spare tools, spare parts, two spare tires (its a syncro and i do some deep back country), jerry can full of gas,and a winch. I hear what you are saying, it adds up quick. Not sure what I would shave off, all my spare parts, tools, ect... have certainly came in handy in the past and I would hate to fry an altenator 100 miles from no where with out a spare. But thats just me. I guess I could be smarter on not so deep trips and shave some gear here and there. losing an extra hundred pounds would be sweet thanks for bringing this up as we typically don't think about the weight factor (except when backpacking and your back becomes the van...) jason 87 syncro westy so many roads to ease my soul...

_________________________________________________________________ Mortgage refinance is Hot. *Terms. Get a 5.375%* fix rate. Check savings https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2bbb&disc=y&vers=925&s=4056&p=5117