Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Apr 2007 16:52:18 -0700
From:         mad madeline <mac10wv@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: does your 80-87 van spew gas all over when you top it off at
Comments: To: Ray Reinhard <rayreinhard@gmail.com>

That's really interesting. I actually don't top off. What ever it is at auto shut off is what I take. But my van is the second california vanagon I've owned, and I have never had that problem. Did you look closely at the lip of yours where the cap fits on? I wonder of something is bent? No clue. Mc

Ray Reinhard <rayreinhard@gmail.com> wrote: Here's an idea: follow the directions on the gas pump and don't top off. There's no need to do so (unless you're obsessed w/ having your receipt rounded to 5 or 10 ct). Having said this, I sometimes have problems even without topping off the tank. To whit, if I insert the nozzle and put the handle on auto-shut off, the nozzle will pop out and spill gas on the ground when the tank's full. And this is a California van.

Ray

On 3/24/07, mad madeline <mac10wv@yahoo.com> wrote: Chris, I wonder if the west coast versions, with added smog equip, have the redesigned filler neck because I've owned a 85, 86, 87, 90 and never had this shut-off problem. Madeline

--------------------------------- Don't pick lemons. See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.

-- Ray Reinhard

--------------------------------- Don't pick lemons. See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.