Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:21:17 -0700
From:         Mark Keller <kelphoto@TELUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: o2 sensor voltage
Comments: To: Shawn Fowler <sgf1388@yahoo.com>

Hi Shawn,

Well, don't feel timing is the issue if it runs on two. Remeber that the non- firing cylinders are creating a false rich signal, so the computer is leaning out the mixtur,e which means the firing cylinders are not getting enough fuel.

What you do is to remove a distubtor wire from each cylinder at idle and note which two have the LEAST effect on the idle and Which Two have The MOST effect on idle. Most effect are the good cylinders, least effect are the bad cylinders. Recheck the compression on the bad cylinders .

Other causes for misfire, crossed spark plug wires. Remember that the waterboxer cylinder number scheme is front to rear and right to left, so front right is #1, Rear Right #2 Left front #3 and Left Rear #4. Front being toward the front of the van etc.

Second cause could be a bad injector situation. Plugged injectors more than not working since you have gas. Plugged like a shower head that dosent' send a correct pattern, just dribbles. you get the idea. Dribble gas droplets are too large and cylinder fouls easy.

Mark