Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Apr 2007 13:29:06 -0700
From:         Jim Kurpius <jkurpius04@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: replacing fuel hose
Comments: cc: BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>

Bryan,

Your second question:

>why do I keep getting leaks? I keep putting on new hoses and clamps >and I still get them all the time.

Maybe you have a hose/clamp mismatch.

My van had a similar issue. In my case the FI clamps were slightly too large. You could crank them down and they seemed over tightened, but in reality they were as tight as the clamp would go but not tight enough to properly hold the FI hose on the fuel rail. Would get drips, so I replaced the clamps. Of course this was before I knew the key to matching the clamps with the hose type. The smooth clamps for smooth FI hose do not seem to work well with braided FI hose (I know the crappy stuff). Seems like they work themselves free over time. Now I know better, good smooth hose and quality FI clamps, bypass the white plastic firewall pass through, and no braided hose.

Jim 84 westy sf ca