Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Apr 2007 19:58:39 -0500
From:         vt <samcvt@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: "Brand new" bus now Vanagon
Comments: To: Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>

Tks Greg. I am a long, long way from being a credible expert about this, but in my inquiries to find viable resources for solar equipment suitable for U.S. recreational boating folks have led me to believe that there is a gap between what is available and what might be marketable in the solar energy arena.

So, I've communicated a bit with some Chinese representatives and appreciate that the nation has encouraged what I can only term "industrial production communities" where specific products are created and fabricated for worldwide consumer use.

In the course of doing this limited research, it has become clear to me that our U.S. economy can (only if willing) compete if we would focus manufacturing specialty(ies) in regions and/or communities in the U.S. and market our products from those geo-economic sites. I recall, from my earlier studies that we did that during the earliest years of our country's emerging industrial steel and other production facilities and industries. Somehow, out people and our nation as a whole seem to have forgotten this lesson and success.

So, when I wonder in writing about the possible efficacy of a start-up re-creating a Westy-comparable vehicle, I guess I am wondering if the energy and excitement really exists somewhere in our culture to make it happen. If so, I am willing to plan and work for that sort of effort, and I have no energy or time to concern myself with the woebegone thinking folks who only resent those Asian folks who are emerging as innovative, creative entreprenaurs.

SamC ----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Potts" <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 5:20 PM Subject: Re: "Brand new" bus now Vanagon