Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Apr 2007 03:41:33 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      EveryBus 07... Re: westy rain fly pattern - where??
Comments: To: John Runberg <jrunberg@mac.com>

I don't know about the rain fly pattern. After a lot of years of Westy camping, I can only remember a few times where the pop top canvas was wet/soaked enough to be a problem. YMMV.

Re: EveryBus We are heading down for EveryBus on Thursday and it's going to be DRY and beautiful with highs in the 70's and lows in the mid 50s. Saturday has a small chance of scattered rain... a great break from last week's chiller. IMHO it's bad juju thinking of rain that would be hard enough to need a fly to keep the pop top material dry. That being said, we will have our ShadyBoys, rainbrellas and such; just in case there's a repeat of last year's downpours. EB 06 Sunday morning Haiku: Sliding doors abound pale wet light outlines pop tops, puddles, kids, dogs, peace.

BTW... How many listees are going to EB07?

How about sticking a handmade Vanagon.com card on our dashes in the windshields with names so that we can put faces with names? Attending FMBC events over the years, I have met quite a few of you. But I find it is odd to see someone post that they had been at the same campout and not to have crossed paths.

As usual, EB is the large East coast kick off for the camping season... hope to see old friends and meet new ones there.

Stephen Steele Chillicothe OH '89 Westy no name yet '73 Sportsmobile Pop Top... Creamsicle? '91 Caravelle "Hans"... FS '90 Carat "Parts" '74 MGB My first car...yep, I've kept it since '74 '00 Jetta TDi daily driver '02 Jetta Wagon VR6 Wife's car Ex Vans/VWs: '81 Vanagon from 1985-1990 '84 Westfalia "Fritz" 2000-2004 now with Son #1 '87 Westfalia "Franz" 2002-2005 now with Son #2 '88 Jetta GL 1990-1992 '92 Jetta GL 1992-1998 '90 Jetta 1999-2003 '91 Jetta Diesel STOLEN 10-12-06 '81 Rabbit diesel 1999-2003 '82 Caddy VW Diesel P.U. 1999-2004