Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:39:37 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Brake light sensor switch adj.

The brake light switches are on the master cylinder and only turn on the light when they see pressure. If you pump the pedal a lot with the engine off, the vacuum booster will stop working, making it harder to build up the pressure that turns the lights on.

I've thought of putting an additional switch on the pedal, in parallel with the stock switches. The main reason I would want that is so that it is easier to disengage the cruise control. Now I have to really push the brake pedal until the brakes actually start slowing the van down before the CC disengages.

Edward