Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Apr 2007 14:27:47 +0000
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Whew! Another set of Fuel Injector Hoses
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

You should be careful what brand of fuel hose you use. The previous owner of my 90 Carat thought he was doing something good by replacing much of the fuel lines with NAPA high pressure fuel line a few years ago. Every piece has majorly failed. It acts like the rubber is not compatible with gas (duh) and quickly deteriorates. I had used some of this fuel hose many years ago and had it get hard as a rock within a few months.

Not only should you replace your fuel lines, but please only use high quality German hose (like we sell in our kits by the way). It is not just hype. The OE German hose lasted for over 10 years! The NAPA stuff won't even last a year or two. Just FYI.

Happy Easter! Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-------------- Original message -------------- From: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>